The club conducts races on many weekends, mostly Saturdays, throughout the sailing season. Although the schedule and format may vary from year to year, here is an idea of what to expect.
- Races normally start at 10:30am and last until mid-afternoon
- Between 2 – 4 races per day, weather depending
- BYO Lunch break between races
- Primary starts include Flying Scot class, Open class, Sunfish class – additional starts for three or more one-design classes
- Season-long trophy series, winners awarded during Annual Banquet in November
- Additional fee to cover costs associated to racing (only applies to the Skipper)
Racing offers the opportunity for sailors to sharpen their skills simply by trying to sail like the boat at the head of the pack. Many of MSC’s community of Racers began as novice sailors and have become accomplished Skippers, Crew members and Race Committee Officials. Although serious about racing, they are encouraging to new racers and very willing to share winning strategies. By participating in the Race Series, sailors quickly advance in boat handling confidence and skills.
Many race-related resources are made available to current MSC members, as well as some Learn to Race days that will teach the basics of how to race.
How to sign up for Racing
Refer to the Membership Application Form for more information and fees.
Questions? Contact the Race Director Race@morainesailingclub.org